Terra Winston received her M. Div. from McCormick Theology Seminary in Chicago, but has had a piece of her heart in the Near East for some time. I'm not sure if I've met anyone more passionate than Terra about Hebrew and so many things. She is here this year doing a variety of service and teaching, which includes teaching Hebrew at the N.E.S.T. I sat in on her class yesterday, along with M. Div. students shown: Bishop Peter Munde Yacoub; Salim Dawani and Bahjet Khader. Terra was teaching what I would call conjugations and had a clever song to help. I don't know much about Hebrew but I learned how to sing the Perfect Endings at the N.E.S.T.
Perfect Endings Song (to the tune of Deck the Halls)
Zip ah ta t ti ooh tim tin nu
Zip ah ta t ti ooh tim tin nu
Learn the letters and you'll learn Hebrew
Zip ah ta t ti ooh tim tin nu
They're the endings
Of the perfect
Zip ah ta
T ti
Ooh tim tin nu
Now the endings are clear for you
Zip ah ta t ti ooh tim tin nu!

No comments:
Post a Comment