Friday, October 31, 2008

Abu Elias



This lovely man deserves a separate posting on this blog. Anyone who comes to the N.E.S.T. is first greeted by Abu Elias, the gateman. As the title, Abu, means in Arabic, Father; Abu Elias is like a father watching over all of us who enter. While I’ve been here I heard from Dave Barry, who was here serving in 2006 when I first visited the N.E.S.T. Dave was/is a member of Peachtree Presbyterian Church in Atlanta and now is in Pasadena at Fuller. Yet another leader in our midst who has been a part of the N.E.S.T. community. Dave suggested we have a fan club on facebook for Abu Elias. The other day I had Maruzella translate for me to make sure Abu Elias got every word of Dave’s idea. I really didn’t think that smile could be much broader but he was just beaming. I brought extra See’s candies for Abu Elias this time. He shares my taste for good lollypops! I love Abu Elias!

No comments: